Sat, Oct 02|
Online with Prof. Sophie
French 1 with Sophie - October 2021
Tuition Fee: P6,000 | Every Sat & Sun, 2-4pm GMT+8 | A full 30-hour interactive online course designed to get you started with the basics of communicating, reading, and writing in French | Live Online via Zoom with Professor Sophie
Oct 02, 2021, 2:00 PM GMT+8 – Nov 20, 2021, 4:00 PM GMT+8
Online with Prof. Sophie
- Tuition Fee: P6,000 (Early Bee discount available)
- Professor: Sophie (Filipino based in the Philippines)
- Schedule: Weekly every Saturday & Sunday, 2pm to 4pm Philippine Time
- Course Duration: 7.5 weeks, 30 synchronous hours in total
Choose your preferred payment option:
1. Early Bee - Enjoy P500 off for a full payment of P5,500 for limited time only
2. Study Now, Pay Later - Pay only 50% upon registration (P3,000), the remaning 50% (P3,000) halfway through your course
⚠️ To facilitate optimal language learning, the number of students for this class is limited and enrollment is first come, first served. Complete your enrollment as early as possible to join this course.
⚠️ Online registration is free and all payments towards the course fee are completed offline. Payment instructions will be emailed to you after registration.
Please be reminded that you are required to have a stable internet connection and the Zoom app (zoom.us) installed on your device (computer, tablet or mobile) with a working micrphone and camera, which may remain turned off unless otherwise instructed by the professor.
Begin your language journey by learning the basics of communicating, reading, and writing in this language. At the end of this course, students are expected to be able to communicate in everyday situations with commonly-used expressions and elementary vocabulary.
This course includes a combined total of 30 synchronous hours of interactive online classes live via Zoom, access to a library of learning materials, and a digital certificate of completion.
Here are some of the skills and abilities that you will acquire at the end of the course:
- You can understand and use frequently-used everyday expressions as well as simple phrases to meet immediate needs.
- You can introduce yourself and others, and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where you live, things you have, and people you know.
- You can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly, and is prepared to cooperate.
- You can understand sentences and frequently-used expressions related to the areas of experience most immediately relevant to you (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, places of interest, employment, etc.)
- You can communicate in simple, everyday tasks requiring no more than a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- You can describe in simple terms aspects of your past, environment, and matters related to your immediate needs.
📺 All lectures are recorded and saved in the library. If you miss a class, just watch the recording that you’ve missed and review the lesson at your own pace. You may ask questions when you join the next online class.
What will you learn in the full beginners’ course?
- Practice your skills with a professional teacher
- Talk about yourself and ask others
- Describe things and narrate everyday activities
- Express feelings, what you want to do, where you want to go...
- Order food, ask for a discount, book a ride, set a date, buy a ticket…
- Read and write in the language correctly
🎓 At the end of the course, you will gain a Certificate of Completion and the knowledge to take the actual skills test. We will also be offering the next level courses, so your language learning journey continues.
🗣 Why learn a new language?
- Boost your career opportunities
- Facilitate your move to a new country
- Enjoy your travels more
- Discover more things, know more people, make new friends
- Speaking another language is cool!
- Improve yourself - learning is never-ending!
About the Teacher
Sophie is a professional French instructor with various institutions, who holds multiple degrees in the French language from universities in the Philippines and France. She has a Master’s in Teaching French from Université Côte d’Azur and Université de Nice-Sophia Antipolis, and a Bachelor’s in French and German, magna cum laude, from UP Diliman.
Se présenter (1): Introducing oneself
Communiquer en classe : Communicating in class
30-hour Course (P6,000.00)
This ticket will be activated upon payment of the course fee offline. 1 person = 1 ticket. Online registration is free and not a guarantee of enrollment.