Sun, Feb 20|
Live via Zoom
Japanese 2 (Elementary) - Feb 2022
Level N4.1 | 30-hour interactive online course, continuation of Beginner Japanese
Feb 20, 2022, 2:00 PM GMT+8 – Apr 24, 2022, 5:00 PM GMT+8
Live via Zoom
- Course Fee: P6,000 (discount available for a limited time)
- Professor: Jesse (Filipino based in the Philippines)
- Schedule: Weekly every Sunday, 2-5pm Philippine Time
- Course Duration: 10 sessions, 10 weeks, 30 synchronous hours in total
Choose your preferred payment plan (pay directly):
- Early Bee - Get P500 discount and pay only P5,500 upon registration (one-time payment)
- Study Now, Pay Later Installment - Pay only 50% upon registration (P3,000), the remaning 50% (P3,000) midway through the course (no discount)
⚠️ To facilitate optimal language learning, the number of students for this class is limited and enrollment is first come, first served. Complete your enrollment as early as possible to join this course.
⚠️ Online registration is free and all payments towards the course fee are completed offline. Payment instructions will be emailed to you after registration.
Prior knowledge of basic Japanese is required for this course. This means at least 30 hours of language classes or, if self-taught, students must be able to introduce themselves and ask basic personal questions.
In the absence of the aforementioned prerequisites or if you're unsure about your current level based on the criteria listed above, please schedule an appointment for a diagnostic interview by emailing us at email@example.com.
Should you wish to proceed without meeting the requirements above, you must be prepared to study beginners' lessons by yourself to keep up with the lessons for this level.
Please be reminded that you are required to have a stable internet connection and the Zoom app (zoom.us) installed on your device (computer, tablet or mobile) with a working micrphone and camera, which may remain turned off unless otherwise instructed by the professor.
- 30 hours of live, interactive, online classes
- Mentorship from professional, expert language teachers
- Membership in a virtual classroom with a library of learning materials and video recordings
- Digital certificate of completion
- Limited number of participants for optimal language learning
This elementary course in Japanese as a continuation to Japanese 1 aims to complete all necessary knowledge and proficiencies under the N5 level. Early concepts of the N4 level will also be introduced.
Course materials will all be in Hiragana, Katakana, and basic Kanji learned in Japanese 1. Main contents include otheruses of the verb てform,nominalization of verbs, adverbial and てform conjugations of adjectives, adverbs, etc.
- Kanji reading and writing
- Conversation practice
- Short story reading
- Listening activities
By the end of this course you will be able to
- Communicate familiar topics and frequently used expressions in the standard polite form
- Read and write around 50 more Kanji
- Express hobbies and things you can or cannot do
- Ask, grant, or deny permission
- Make basic comparisons
📺 All lectures are recorded and saved in the library. If you miss a class, just watch the recording that you’ve missed and review the lesson at your own pace. You may ask questions when you join the next online class.
🎓 At the end of the course, you will gain a certificate of completion and the knowledge to take the actual skills test. We will also be offering the next level courses, so your language learning journey continues.
🗣 Why learn a new language?
- Boost your career opportunities
- Facilitate your move to a new country
- Enjoy your travels more
- Discover more things, know more people, make new friends
- Speaking another language is cool!
- Improve yourself - learning is never-ending!
About the Teacher
Jesse is a professional language instructor who studied Japanese Language and Culture at the Ferris University in Yokohama, Japan, and trained in Japanese Noh Theater in Tokyo, Osaka and Kobe, Japan. She is knowledgeable in several fields of Japanese culture, including literature, history and traditional performance, and is currently completing her degree in Comparative Literature at UP Diliman.
Week 1: りょこう
Week 2: パーティーで
Note: Ticket will be activated upon payment of the course fee. 1 person = 1 ticket. Online registration is free and not a guarantee of enrollment until payment is made.