Korean 1 with Yen - October 2021
Tuition Fee: P6,000 | Every Sat, 3-6pm GMT+8 | A full 30-hour interactive online course designed to get you started with the basics of communicating, reading, and writing in Korean | Live Online via Zoom with Professor Yen
Oct 02, 2021, 3:00 PM GMT+8 – Dec 04, 2021, 6:00 PM GMT+8
Online with Prof. Yen
- Tuition Fee: P6,000 (Early Bee discount available)
- Professor: Yen (Filipino based in the Philippines)
- Schedule: Weekly every Saturday, 3pm to 6pm GMT+8 Philippine Time
- Course Duration: 10 weeks, 30 synchronous hours in total
Choose your preferred payment option:
1. Early Bee - Enjoy P500 off for a full payment of P5,500 for limited time only
2. Study Now, Pay Later - Pay only 50% upon registration (P3,000), the remaning 50% (P3,000) halfway through your course
⚠️ To facilitate optimal language learning, the number of students for this class is limited and enrollment is first come, first served. Complete your enrollment as early as possible to join this course.
⚠️ Online registration is free and all payments towards the course fee are completed offline. Payment instructions will be emailed to you after registration.
Please be reminded that you are required to have a stable internet connection and the Zoom app (zoom.us) installed on your device (computer, tablet or mobile) with a working micrphone and camera, which may remain turned off unless otherwise instructed by the professor.
Begin your language journey by learning the basics of communicating, reading, and writing in this language. At the end of this course, students are expected to be able to communicate in everyday situations with commonly-used expressions and elementary vocabulary.
This course includes a combined total of 30 synchronous hours of interactive online classes live via Zoom, access to a library of learning materials, and a digital certificate of completion.
Here are some of the skills and abilities that you will acquire at the end of the course:
- You can understand and use frequently-used everyday expressions as well as simple phrases to meet immediate needs.
- You can introduce yourself and others, and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where you live, things you have, and people you know.
- You can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly, and is prepared to cooperate.
- You can understand sentences and frequently-used expressions related to the areas of experience most immediately relevant to you (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, places of interest, employment, etc.)
- You can communicate in simple, everyday tasks requiring no more than a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- You can describe in simple terms aspects of your past, environment, and matters related to your immediate needs.
📺 All lectures are recorded and saved in the library. If you miss a class, just watch the recording that you’ve missed and review the lesson at your own pace. You may ask questions when you join the next online class.
What will you learn in the full beginners’ course?
- Practice your skills with a professional teacher
- Talk about yourself and ask others
- Describe things and narrate everyday activities
- Express feelings, what you want to do, where you want to go...
- Order food, ask for a discount, book a ride, set a date, buy a ticket…
- Read and write in the language correctly
🎓 At the end of the course, you will gain a Certificate of Completion and the knowledge to take the actual skills test. We will also be offering the next level courses, so your language learning journey continues.
🗣 Why learn a new language?
- Boost your career opportunities
- Facilitate your move to a new country
- Enjoy your travels more
- Discover more things, know more people, make new friends
- Speaking another language is cool!
- Improve yourself - learning is never-ending!
About the Teacher
Yen graduated Magna cum laude from UP Diliman with a Bachelor's degree in Linguistics. She studied Korean Education for her Master's degree at Korea University, Seoul, South Korea. She likes going to 노래방 (Korean karaoke) and always sings TaeTiSeo's Twinkle, plus all its second voices.
Familiarizing oneself with Hangeul’s symbol-sound correspondence and its proper pronunciation
Familiarizing oneself with the basic expressions in Korean and their polite and casual forms
30-hour Course (P6,000.00)
This ticket will be activated upon payment of the course fee offline. 1 person = 1 ticket. Online registration is free and not a guarantee of enrollment.