Sun, Feb 13|
Live via Zoom
Korean 2 (Elementary) - Feb 2022
TOPIK I, Level 2 | 30-hour interactive online course continuation of Beginner Korean
Feb 13, 2022, 2:00 PM GMT+8 – Apr 17, 2022, 5:00 PM GMT+8
Live via Zoom
- Course Fee: P6,000 (discount available for a limited time)
- Professor: Yen (Filipino based in the Philippines)
- Schedule: Weekly every Sunday, 2-5pm Philippine Time
- Course Duration: 10 sessions, 10 weeks, 30 synchronous hours in total
Choose your preferred payment plan (pay directly):
- Early Bee - Get P500 discount and pay only P5,500 upon registration (one-time payment)
- Study Now, Pay Later Installment - Pay only 50% upon registration (P3,000), the remaning 50% (P3,000) midway through the course (no discount)
⚠️ To facilitate optimal language learning, the number of students for this class is limited and enrollment is first come, first served. Complete your enrollment as early as possible to join this course.
⚠️ Online registration is free and all payments towards the course fee are completed offline. Payment instructions will be emailed to you after registration.
Prior knowledge of basic Korean is required for this course. This means at least 30 hours of Korean language classes or, if self-taught, students must be able to read and write 한글, introduce themselves, ask basic personal questions, and construct sentences using the informal polite forms of the verb (present, past).
In the absence of the aforementioned requirements or if you're unsure about your current level based on the criteria listed above, please schedule an appointment for a diagnostic interview with 옌 선생님. Email us at email@example.com.
Should you wish to proceed without meeting the requirements above, you must be prepared to study beginners' lessons by yourself to keep up with the lessons for this level.
Please be reminded that you are required to have a stable internet connection and the Zoom app (zoom.us) installed on your device (computer, tablet or mobile) with a working micrphone and camera, which may remain turned off unless otherwise instructed by the professor.
This course includes a combined total of 30 synchronous hours of interactive online classes live via Zoom, access to a library of learning materials, and a digital certificate of completion.
By the end of this course you should be able to
- Differentiate formal and informal polite forms in Korean
- Carry out simple conversations related to daily routines such as making phone calls and asking for favours, as well as using public facilities in daily life.
- Use conjunctions to form more coherent paragraphs and more natural dialogues
- Utilize Korean vocabulary and grammar in more complex situations
- Self-study to prepare for theTOPIK I (Level 1-2) exam
📺 All lectures are recorded and saved in the library. If you miss a class, just watch the recording that you’ve missed and review the lesson at your own pace. You may ask questions when you join the next online class.
What will you learn in the full beginners’ course?
- Practice your skills with a professional teacher
- Talk about yourself and ask others
- Describe things and narrate everyday activities
- Express feelings, what you want to do, where you want to go...
- Order food, ask for a discount, book a ride, set a date, buy a ticket…
- Read and write in the language correctly
🎓 At the end of the course, you will gain a Certificate of Completion and the knowledge to take the actual skills test. We will also be offering the next level courses, so your language learning journey continues.
🗣 Why learn a new language?
- Boost your career opportunities
- Facilitate your move to a new country
- Enjoy your travels more
- Discover more things, know more people, make new friends
- Speaking another language is cool!
- Improve yourself - learning is never-ending!
About the Teacher
Yen graduated Magna cum laude from UP Diliman with a Bachelor's degree in Linguistics. She studied Korean Education for her Master's degree at Korea University, Seoul, South Korea. She likes going to 노래방 (Korean karaoke) and always sings TaeTiSeo's Twinkle, plus all its second voices.
Conjugate irregular verbs and adjectives easily
Differentiate Formal and Informal polite endings in Korean
Note: Ticket will be activated upon payment of the course fee. 1 person = 1 ticket. Online registration is free and not a guarantee of enrollment until payment is made.